R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - grp motor help
Thread: grp motor help
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:58 AM
RC Nymph
Tech Rookie

Okay...after reading this post maybe someone can help me out. I have a GRP .21, love the motor! However , I am working on my third gallon of fuel and can't seem to keep it from flaming out. About 2 weeks ago, my carb stuck and we pulled it off, cleaned it, and found a pretty good scratch in it. just picked up a new carb from my sponsor and replaced it. Engine ran good for the first heat, flamed out in the second heat and didn't get to finish. Ran 13 minutes of my 15 minute main, first pit stop went okay...got back around the track and flamed out. then it seemed that we couldn't keep it running. After racing, we played around with it and had the track owner help us out...great racer and pretty knowledgable. After taking 3 laps around the track, it flamed out...brought it in and found out that we were able to turn the flywheel with little to no effort. Let it cool down for a few minutes...started right back up, ran a couple of laps and it flamed out again...with the same issue with the flywheel. We are being told that there is not a lot of compression in the engine, therefore causing the flame outs. I'm rather disappointed since the engine is only 2 1/2 months old and I'm a beginner racer, so I'm not balls out on the throttle. We were told to have it pinched and should be good. Should this be the route to take or just try changing to a #4 (running #6) plug and change the tune. I am lost as well as my husband with this motor. Please help