R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
well I've had the car for about 5 months now and I have gone through 2 servos, 4 servo horns, and 3 turnbuckles. I have hit things but it never is really hard. Small things like hitting dots and other cars. I'm not sure it I have built things wrong but I would like some help. If you have any ideas that wuold be great. Other than not hitting things.
By servo horns, do you mean you don't use any servo saver? If so, then THAT'S likely why you're going through servos, if I can help it, I don't run ANY car without one, & as a result, I've lost maybe 2 or 3 servos in the 19+ years I've been racing(& Kimborough's servo savers work VERY well, just be careful to buy the right one for the application). And for turnbuckles, are you still using the original alunimum ones? If so, then DEFINITELY get some titanium ones, at least for the links from the bellcranks to the front uprights(those 42mm turnbuckles are just too long to trust to aluminum, I broke mine pretty quickly, so it didn't take long before I changed those to titanium, & if you have trouble finding the precise ones you need, try Lundsford's 1 5/8" ones, they're VERY close to 42mm, & that's what I bought for my 416(& they hold up just fine)....