R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi xxx-4
Thread: Losi xxx-4
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 07:23 AM
Jared Kirkwood
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Chrissy C
As i race on grass the hi grip conditions are causing me a lot of problems with grip roll. I did up the spring rate to red on the back and blue on the front (oil, pistons as per kit) but i still couldn't really attack the corners. Would you suggest thicker oil or should i move the camber link to make it shorter, i've heard this might work.
I wish sometimes we raced on grass here in the states...it sounds cleaner. LOL

Anyways, if you are traction rolling and the surface is smooth I would be adding limiting, stiffening it up. Shorter links may help as well. Losi makes a new black spring I believe for the front. You might want to try that. I think it is their stiffest.

shocks behind rear tower
As for the shocks being mounted at the rear of the tower I think it only effects the weight distribution of the car. Some of the team drivers are running the car this way along with serveral of my fellow racing friends. I tried it once and didn't notice a difference in laptimes so I changed it back. I did notice the car stayed just a bit more flatter in the ribble bumps. I'll see if I can't get a hold to Jesse Robbers or another team driver to drop by the thread to post more about this subject.