R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 10:18 AM
YmeBP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
I would say camber gain is more towards the end of a fine tune adjustment. On asphalt, the car has more of a numb feel courtesy of rubber tires. Adding camber doesn't always help and can sometimes hurt the handling on rubber tires. On foam, it's a completely different story. For quick notes sake... raising the ball stud on the rear hub or front caster block increases camber gain. From testing, a .030 adjustment in height can yield as much as 1* of gain throughout suspension travel.

As far as the adjustments I made to your car at the Bowl... that track isn't exactly smooth like Blue Diamond. Your car almost had NO droop so the car didn't have the ability of transferring weight front to rear in an efficient manor. After adjusting that, the car should've been more controllable between off and on power cornering. On asphalt... try to keep the droop about 2-3mm above ride height front and rear.
Installed the camber links, and also took the time to install the sway bars (it's the next one down from the thickest one) front and rear. Between the two changes WHAT a difference. I've also adjusted droop to 2mm over ride height front and rear. It was stuck towards the beginning of the session, but the track got dusty and slick and i had to be really careful w/ the throttle to get the car not to dump over coming out of the corner. I'm not sure if it was the car or the track but there was a rooster tail of dust behind the car when i was going through the corners.

Do you have any suggestions for tuning w/ sway bars? Also is there somewhere i can go dig up some of this info or is it all in your head? I hate to keep bugging you w/ questions .