R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas Slash Spec Class at OC/RC
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 08:22 PM
RocketRob40
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
Gentlemen- I wasn't going to post in this thread as it doesn't apply to HB products, but I do announce at OCRC on a semi-regular basis so I wanted to discuss some ideas.

I run a race for HB called the Underground Championships and I have been through a lot of these complaints.

My suggestion is to keep this class fun. Really fun. In the end a fun open class seems to result in higher entries. It doesn't make sense to me, or a lot of other serious racers but it's just the way it is. You could keep it 100% open and get away with it by not offering any crazy prizes at the end. People with stock stuff would be out classed, but that is just part of the game. You can get in nice and cheap and have tons of fun finishing wherever you end up. Over time you may want to upgrade to better stuff and get more competitive but it's totally up to you. I know this sounds strange and on this message board it will appear that the majority disagrees with this but in person it will be a success.

You will want a couple of basic rules, I like stock tires and body....but that's about it.

No one has to follow this lead and I can assure you that I'm not that concerned (being it's a Traxxas ) but I have experienced the rigors of spec class racing and seen ideas that us racers consider to be genius fall flat on their face.

Once again I think there have been great ideas from many people on this thread. I too am a racer, and have trouble embracing this philosophy, but the reality is people want to have fun.....and the easier you make it for someone to participate in something, the more likely they'll come out and do it.

Great points all.
Trying to make it spec class seems to open the never ending arguments.
Making it an open class keeps options out there for everyone - just call it the Slash Class Clash.
And the idea of the only rules being tires and body related is brilliant.