R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mamba Max with Sensored Motors
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 04:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mister-T
I have a good news for all racer from Mr Del castillo , the boss of Castle Creation :

The Mamba max Pro:

Up to 5S lipo
Switch BEC
Improved heatsink with FAN in option
Sensor Connector (holy **** they did it)!
Slighly lower current handling
Price of the Mamba max

Basically a competition ESC, with boat load of feature for a good price, and no more BS about cogging or "it's a bashing setup"

"The Mamba Max Pro is the next generation Mamba Max -- not released yet (reworking it in parallel with the Monster.)
Slightly lower current handling than the Mamba Max, but adds a switching BEC, up to 5S operation, fan option, better heat sink, and a 5 pin "feature" connector (that can be used for hybrid sensored/sensorless operation.)
The Mamba Max will remain in production -- mostly because some people will want the higher current capability of the Mamba Max. The Pro has slightly lower current handling because we decided to add features but keep the cost similar (fewer FETs, but better heat sink and other features.)"
Did he post this info on a site or did he give the info to a magazine? I don't think it was to be posted to the best of my knowledge. To be honest I can't imagine that anything was suppose to be posted til it was actually tested and getting actually close to being in production.