R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4/T4 Forum
Thread: RC10B4/T4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 12:10 PM
speedsterblade
Tech Addict

RS RTR are good for starting out. That's what I started out w/... I didn't have any parts to build a FT so it was alot cheaper! and at the time the FT chassis were carbon...plastic parts are the way to go, more flex thus more trackion. Esc and motor are a waste but will work until you can upgrade. Most of the missing FT parts are parts I'd upgrade or eventually wear out and replace anyways. the FT turnbuckles are weak..lunsford's are bigger/stronger. CVDs & lighten outdrives are nice but you can replace/upgrade to those once the dog bones and outdrives wear out. the FT shock bodies are nice but I don't mind the spacers. I would buy some extra bearings to replace the bushings in the steering block and in the diff. Be sure you look up the right part numbers in the manual for the bearings...the diff ones are hard to find and are similar to a TC4 steering rack bearings but the inner diameters are NOT the same!!

You can buy a Novak (20-30$) lipo cut off but I'm only assuming it will work w/ any ESC...don't know of sure. Mine was for an older GTB w/o the builtin cutoff. Worst case if feel the car/pack falling off STOP....save your 30$ for a brushless system!