R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - looking for carbon fibre chassis for mugen mbx5r
Old 06-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow coach
the one piece engine mount on the mugen would dissipate a certain amount of heat but if it would be enough i dont know, i would imagine the chassis would take the heat but i would wonder about the life span, would the heat start to deform the layers under the chassis ?? i dont know im no expert i have checked their site and they dont list the mbx5 chassis but they do have several 8th circuit chassis listed so they do make chassis.

They are very skilled with carbon and produce chainrings for high level cycles, can you imagine the engineering that goes into a chainring for a bike, included link if for nothing else to have a look at what you can make.

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/

What does the mugen 1 peice mount have to do with Anything........u obviously dont know who Robert Over at Matrix is.....first of all....those chassy's Fibre-lyte is making are 100% flat with no front kick...there for unless they took the time to make a mould and came up with all the other innovative stuff robert did...like the replacable droop tabs...and the skid plates....and the fact his motor plate is actually moulded into the CF...and he has Over a Year's worth of testing and developing.....just goes to show how much work and effort it actually takes to make a 1/8 Cf chassy actually work.