R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best Touring Body for Rubber Tires
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 07:28 AM
TimPotter
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Seriously, not trying to be malicious at all.... Just saying, the way I read your statement, was it is not important....

See the way I look at it... is this....

1. Getting newer or new people up to speed quick,. helps to keep them in the hobby ( which, at least in the US, we need more people... and bad )

2. Getting the car setup with a "Standard handling" body like the Mazda 6 will help to facilitate the racer to focus on other parts of the car, and not try to overcome any handling issues becuase of running a VW Jetta body...

3. IMHO, what Cubic is doing, is spot on... Asking what product works, so he does not have to waste time and money figuring out what does not work, be it , Tires, Body, motors... whatever....

4. He will learn from trial and error on setup and tuning, but it is a huge amount of data to digest, and every little bit that other racers help, will help to keep new racers interested. So just buying the body that works will allow him to work on the setup....

Like I said in my previous post, this is just my Humble Opinion... I have been wrong before, maybe I am on this, but I do not feel so.

Originally Posted by tc3team
Ive not said anywhere to take it out of the equation, but to consider changing other things first but to also consider the shells listed

If the car isnt gripping because it hasnt got the right tyres, a different body is not going to help even the most seasoned racer out there.

The majority of newcomers to racing will be in the stock class. With the lack of speed in this class, the areodynamics of the car are less important than modified.

Im not going to argue black is white, but what I have wrote already is there (and unedited) for all to see... Make of it what you will.