R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best Touring Body for Rubber Tires
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 07:01 AM
YmeBP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Not to be rude, but I think that is bad advice. IMHO, when a racer is new, taking as many variables out of the equation as possible, help the racer focus on driving. If, say you take the body out.. then they don't have to worry about it, and focus on other things.
I jumped back into the hobby last summer and while i was going around asking for setup advice every racer had their opinion as to what body was best so if i asked racer a for setup tips he would say first things first ... get a "X" body, after plopping down 25 bux for x and doing a horrible paint job even w/ only one color , i would ask racer b and he would say ... your first problem is body "X" you should have body "Y" and w/o it you are gonna be all over the place ... so what should a beginner do?

I decided that i needed to focus on understanding my car more, and getting a basic setup that got me around the track relatively consistently, that meant setup, tires, motor and battery first. I accepted that my body may not be the 'best' but it was adequate and once i reached the performance ceiling or i couldn't tune out a particular car behavior i'd change bodies.

Last thing was understanding WHY the racers suggested body X over body Y, which i saw in this thread (and actually never knew before) was that one had more front down force vs the other etc. That should help you decide what body is right for your car and driving style.

I used the stratus last year because it was cheap and eradily available i switched to a DNA/DNA 2 this year and plan to step up to a mazda 6 (my car has TONS AND TONS of steering don't need more haha). Honestly i'm not good enough to tell the difference hahah .