R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bowfighter ??????
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 09:21 AM
wes95_z28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
its soo not the rims....its the tires.....LRP crimes and Bowties and even the Holeshots in particular are out BIG time.....i cant even Justify adding enuff weight to counterbalance the heavy side...its just NOT worth it......sure some guys will claim u can Never get a tire 100% true...Blatent LIE...Panther's and GRP's in specific needed only .5-1.0grams of counter balance weight.....and the tire would sit at 12-3-6-9 No problems....meanwhile the Proline's ALWAYS Drop to the heavy side unless ur adding 5-10+grams of counter weight.....the proline rims take Maby .2-1.0grams to balance...and All the rims had the Exact same heavy side.......basically it boils down to there's something up with proline's molds that i cant exactly explain.....i Do know of Lots of other racer's who WONT run Proline for this exact same reason....but w/e....i guess i need to take a video and proove that 95% of proline rubber is Totally outta wack.....Even the buggy tires take Signigicantly more weight then say a set of Werks or Losi/Grp's.

Your spending entirely to much time trying to balance your tires on your toy car. They are offroad vehicles anyway. Within 2 laps on a track your balance is so far off because you hae 5-10 grams of dirt and mud attached to them it doesnt matter. Just get em close, and run the damn things.