R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Couple of newb questions
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 07:49 AM
oldschoolracer
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
If i gear for a 4 cell set up. and i put a 6 cell in for practice or whatever will it cause abnormal temps?.
Two issues arise: 1) yes, temps will rise since you're pushing more volts and amps; and 2) you're totally going to dork up or misjudge the handling of the car from adding the weight of the 6-cell

motor temps..im told try to keep like 170. is that at the can or the armature at the endbell..
at the can

For fdr gearing is a 27t a 27t a 27t. like if i run a CO27t and switch to a stockstar 27t can i expect to be able to use same gearing or will it change per motor?.
Every motor is different. Though they might be close, every motor (even the same brand) could have a different sweetspot on gearing selection.

It is best to wire straight to motor from ESC or deans connector between to make swapping motors easier? Will using deans connector cause loss of too much voltage?.
Deans don't hurt much, if at all. Personally I straight wire to the motor - the primary reason I do is to keep it so there is one less connection to come loose or keep an eye on (wires can break at the solder joint), which is a terrible reason to drop out of a race.