R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Stock Nationals(offroad)
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 03:04 PM
Orange Too!
Tech Rookie

I just wanted to add in the Stock Nationals ran at CRA in Portland, Oregon was some of the best racing I have seen in a very long time... Mark, Jody and crew were exceptional at making sure it was fun and fair for all... ROAR's motto... and I certainly enjoyed myself.

Big thanks to Tim.... good job of being the event's referee. He only levied a few penalties for rough driving and since I was sitting right there to observe, I agreed with every decision he made.... good knowledge of racing rules as was the entire facility - they put on one heck of a show.

A few DQ's from tech - some guys didn't have tags on their armatures.. wierd huh? The mix up of switching the arms and the cans did not incur DQ's for those drivers - that was a tech error and the penalty was reversed.

Only one major penalty for having a radio turned on in the pit - this is what made the change on the main sheets on Sunday. Rules state first time is a one lap penalty and if deemed as an intentional act, full DQ from the event. I did not find this young man intentionally left his radio on his table, turned on with no crystal in it as intentional, so he was only docked a lap off his best qualifier - which moved him from the C main to the D main of buggy.

Good job Mark, Jody and all!! I will certainly be back!

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR Promotions
Designated ROAR official for 2003 Off Road Stock Nationals