R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - losi xxxt ball diff change to a 1/10 desert truck diff
Old 06-14-2008, 05:19 AM
newbie2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default losi diff change

well its done. must say it works excellent, I've run 2 lipo packs thru and works perfectly. fefiting the MF2 is a little more work than the cr but only 1 hour is needed if u have all the parts. For the MF2 u will need part# 2919,2930, tranny screw set for desert truck, these 3 parts are specific for the desert truck, t-plate for xxxt or cr, rear pivot block for xxxt or cr, idler gear, upper shaft and bearings for xxxt or cr, motor plate an gear cover for xxxt or cr..... on the MF2 u need to replace the dogbones with bones that are .215 longer, not sure about the cr dogbones. nowhere could I find anything about grease for the diff, I put in some moly grease, once I get it on the track I may change to some silicone oil if I can seal the diff. Oh one thing I added is a thin washer over the O ring and under the pin holding the outdrive on, this conversion cost me under $30 but I had all the part except the diff, case and screw set. I used all other parts from a old MF1 I had laying around.. good luck to all ... Tom