R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho FW-05R
Thread: Kyosho FW-05R
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 10:08 PM
AMGRacer
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rbgti
AMG you got the fw5 AND the r40 coming your way?!?!?!?

Besides the parts commonality with the vone series, what made you pick this car over the LD3/NTC3 and the MSX3?

I really know nothing about this new car, but I'm super interested in it...just cause I've been waiting for a Vone series replacement...but it seems like they are going to be extended, YET AGAIN, with the RRevo...so now this Kyosho has got my attention

From what I can see, the front suspension geometry "looks similar" to that of the RRevo.... Must be a good thing
I have a brand new V1RR Evolution and FW05R arriving this weekend.

I have had some personal experience with the MSX3 and it is a nice car. But it has C hub suspension (limiting the tunability) and the arms are weak. I never see them at my track anymore since they dont like boards.

I dont like the LD3/NTC3 implementation of the shaft drive mainly due to where the fuel tank is placed in relation to the exhaust system, and for the uncommon exhaust system. I have personally seen too many breakages and tuning problems on this car for my liking (again only my personal opion/experience). Again on our large track here NTC3 lost popularity due to perception of weakness etc.

The FW05R has similar suspension to the EVO but with longer arms. It comes with a centax in the kit, 0.8 module gears and a more conventional exhaust. It should be a nice car.