R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRX 3.3 Studder
Thread: TRX 3.3 Studder
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 07:20 PM
TeeWX98GST
Tech Rookie

Default TRX 3.3 Studder

Well, I have a REVO 3.3 with the stock engine, accept I run a trinity pipe and motor saver air filter. I am running werks 30% racing blend. All of last summer it ran pretty well at consistent temps of around 215-225 F and always had alot of power and ran strong. This summer I decided to pull it out and after barely starting it ran around my yard and after a few minutes hit 300 F! So i shut it off and just recently brought it back out again for another try. When I started it up and started running it around it will studder very badly at WOT. As in after a bout 10ft of WOT it will start to Run, Die, Run, Die kind of thing. I don't see any noticeable amounts of exhaust smoke, but I was thinking this was because I have a blown gasket where my tuned pipe's manifold connects at the exhaust port on the block. I have found dark oil/fuel on the block and on the a arm after just running it for not too long. I have tried alot of different mixtures with both the low and high speed needles and it doesn't like to run after too much adjustment, and when it does run it runs like stated previously. Anyone know whats wrong? This motor has 1.5 Gallons on it.