R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Nats gripe
Thread: ROAR Nats gripe
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 09:58 AM
slow coach
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oldschoolracer

And then I see this preoccupation with winning, or the perception of winning, in parents today that insist their local little league give out "competitor" trophies to the kids that don't win. Why? Because everyone wants to be a winner, or they don't want their child to feel like their not.... but the simple truth is we solve nothing by giving every dadgum person that shows up at the race a little "I WAS A COMPETITOR AT THE U.S. NATS -2008" plaque.
And why?
Because, in all fairness of reality, in comparison the person the wins the A-Main would then be deserved of a 10-freaking-foot-tall monstrosity of a trophy that wouldn't even fit in their house let alone their Honda to get it home!!!
What about recognition of achievement or does that not matter, basically what you are saying is that the only person who deserves a trophy is no1 i have some choice words for you but its a public forum so wont, there are some big egos in here who basically want to belittle the racers who pay their wages, some of you guys are sending some bad vibes to the likes of me who dont care that i will never be pro or even close but enjoy racing