R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 06-09-2008, 05:13 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

LiPo Tray Mods
Photo one shows the CRC Gen X 10 with my favorite 5000 mA-h LiPo from FMA direct. This battery is not marketed directly for car use but it has very good voltage, punch, and longevity compared to other brands I have tried. I had to make very small mods to the battery tray. I removed two little tabs that prevent a brick pack from moving fore and aft on each end of the tray. I probably would run one piece of black strapping tape from Lefthander-RC.com just in front of the antenna mount to keep this soft pack from moving backward. It is well supported by the back of this narrow servo and on the sides by the battery tray rails. With use the battery will conform itself to the tray. A LiPo is a bit like putty. This battery is not Roar approved for racing so check before you get one.

I installed a KO Propo PDS 2413ICS.
This servo is shorter than most standard size servos but has metal gears good speed and good torque to survive the crashes. In spite of this it is very compact. It is a little wider than intended by CRC, but I was able to use the outermost screw on the servo plate into the middle hole of the servo mount and the fit was ideal. Perfectly centered. See photo 2. With the ballstuds leaving the back of the servo saver the steering arms are also perfectly aligned at 90 degrees to the car to give the proper ackerman.

That center shock is a very nicely made and smooth unit.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FMA LiPo on Board Resized.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	343702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Servo Mounts PDS2413ICS Resized.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	343703