R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Resurgance of electric racing.....
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 06:04 PM
imprsme
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I think that Electric TC took a BIG hit with the Technology that came all to fast and at one time.

You had, Lipo, Brushless coming from 10 different angles. It was/is hard for the old timers to accept "NEW" tech. Much less the new guy asking one question at the local track and getting 20 different answers.

Add to that the fact that that there really were no rules kinnda divided the "old" vs "NEW" at the local level. Then this was played heavily on the new guys that may have wanted to buy something but ended up looking like a deer in the headlights.

Then on top of that did you buy 13.5 or 17.5, Lipo or NIMH to run in your tracks stk. class?

Then with the fact that after buying a new motor/ battery, 4-5 months down the line would they even be legal!

I know I have bought 3 different brushless motors..none are now legal! LOL

Then came the NEW Global spec body deal, something that was gonna be "all NEW" in some ppls eyes. So maybe they held off on buying until the new bodies we out so they only had to buy those ONCE?!?!?

Coupled with the fact that tires started to be no where to be seen...and I can understand why Electric TC racing died off just a bit.

But now with Roar having some solid rules for Lipo,brushless, and the Global Spec bodies being a none issuse and with some other tire companies joining in.....

I see Electric TC growing to what we had a few years ago.

And adding the "pro 10" class into the mix just makes it that much better....