R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Motor for vendetta
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 12:35 PM
frogger
Tech Regular

Actually I would agree with Airshot. The stock 1100mah batteries are terrible. Add a lipo first as it will give the stock motor a big boost. A lipo is comparitively cheap and it will make a big difference to the car's performance. Make sure you use a good battery connector such as a Deans connector and make sure you stop immediately when the lipo battery loses it's power as the stock ESC does not have a lipo low voltage cut off.

Then, when the stock motor dies consider either the pro brushed motor or at that point a brushless system.

Most 28-29mm brushless motors work extremely well in the Vendetta but it's best to get one with a 3.2mm shaft so you can use Tamiya pinions.

Lower KV brushless motors (in the range of about 4000KV) are very well suited to the Vendetta. With the right gearing they are very fast, enough to race with. I use a Neu 1105/2.5Y.

If you are seriously planning on racing it outside on 10th scale tracks then a higher KV motor such as a 6800 would be better. Jae I think uses a Neu 1105/1.5Y which is insanely fast.