R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray NT1
Thread: Xray NT1
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:24 AM
RANDY SMOOTH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
a quick fix, and a really good tuning option is the xray hex hubs that allow you to adjust the track width. i purchased the full set and installed the extra wide versions on my car and set it to 198mm front 200mm rear. by going to the smallest setting (thinnest wheel hex) on the front and rear you increase the front steering and increase the rear grip. narrower track width left to right = more grip.

try not to sacrifice front grip in an attempt to stop the sliding, or else your car will be slower. you need to keep the front steering (if not increase it) and gain rear grip.

also put your steering ackerman to C or D, this will increase the exit steering as well. alot of the times, a slow car is characterised by being understeery on exit. you can usually get away with entry understeer, as long as you have a car that has alot fo exit steering. Alot of exit steering means you can jump on the throttle earlier and power out of the corners earlier = more time on throttle.

also the protoform stratus body is shithouse (very understeery on exit). if you are using it, ditch it, and go to one that steers more. From what i heard the east civic tourer bod is good. the Serpent distributors here in Australia are the importers. from all reports it has really good rear end grip and excellent exit steering.
i will try this to, thanks guys