R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Itchy
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
It's pretty hard to explain on the net but I'll give it a shot. The toe problem is that the left rear has more toe than the right side......what Hara showed me was take your left side hub in your hand and use a varible rate dremel or hand tool and place it in the hinge pin hole while slightly turning the hub to the left. Do this until the bit comes out on the other side.

For the right side you would do the same thing while slightly turning to the left as well.

This method seem to work for him but when I put these hubs on the car the toe is still off. I may switch them from left to right to see if by some chance they were put on the wrong side. It looked and sounded so simple when he did it but I don't trust myself to get it correct in my hands.

If I have confused anyone I do apologize as it's much better to be shown this trick rather than my butchered attempt to explain it.
Understood perfectly
Unfortunely i have already tried it without any sucess. I only did it to the right hub (since my left is 3º spot on as it should). I started shiming a litle, then a litle more, then a litle more. It was stull not enough, so i did the same to the rear arm. In the end i did get it to 3º, but i also had like 10º of slop!
(and a wasted hub and arm)

In any case thanks for the explanation