R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Puget Micro 1/18th Racing Announcements/Events
Old 06-02-2008, 10:49 PM
oXYnary
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys run 1/18 offroad vehicles on SIR with jumps set up on the track?

Yep, they have created some and plan to make more. We also set out smaller road dots to create rough sections.

Do micros last 5 mins or are the heats shorter than that?

5 minutes of course. The efficiency of these little buggers we could even do 8 in theory.

What is the appeal to this over 1/10 or 1/8 scale? Is it just that it's cheaper to get started and fun for something different?

Well to be honest most of us regulars only run 1/18th, so its not that its different than the others. We either don't have the space, or especially money for the larger classes. Plus, IMO we are a bit more relaxed when racing. Rarely do you see a driver come off the stand with a scowl on his face. We all know we are different levels and do the best we can.

I might note though I'm not sure after talking to the group if we will have enough for a separate dirt thingies class this Wednesday after all as two of those with ones can't make it and a third is waiting on parts to come in. The only possibility is if some of the SIR regulars whom I know have recently gotten ones come out to play. Otherwise, it will be just one class of roadcourse for our 1/18th sedans or those with slammed off-roaders.