R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)
Old 06-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Lees52
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Lees52: The reedy was ok, I think that i ended up about where i deserved to be, maybe i could have finished a few spots better.
I do use the chassis flex screws, i almost always run all of the top deck screws. sometimes i dont use the screw in front of the motor on the motor mount and sometimes i dont use the two front bulk head screws that are farthest from the bumper.
I dont Know for sure but here is what i think, The short dog bones will change the handling of the car, the car should react faster with the short dog bones, long dog bones should be a little smoother and maybe not change direction as fast. I dont think that one or the other will make or break the cars set-up or lap times but changing the bones will change the way that the car drives. I ran 1.5 all the way around behind the front pins at reedy. and yes, I will get my reedy set up on their. Thanks
Paul. Cheers for the setup.
That one motor mount screw makes the flex uneven I reckon. Yr setup looks not far off standard. Ive been moving towards the same springs all round and changing the bars and top link roll centers. Seems to be more consistent and balanced front to rear.
Hey whats your opinion on the 5,6 cell? If you had a choice what would you use 6 cell 1500g weight or 5 cell 1420g.
I think 5 cell is hard on the cells and reduces their life as your pulling more current from em to get the same power output. (so shortens life) And maybe not soo good for racing at a club level where guys would prefer their packs to perform for a couple of months.