R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by katfish317
Is it better to run the foams inserts in the shocks or without them???

And Rick Hohwart, would it make much difference in your setup that you just emailed me to use with a stock motor and six cells, or will this make much difference??
Thanks everyone!

Sorry one more question, what is the best body out now to run for rubber/asphalt??

Tim
Most of the team drivers do not use the foam inserts in the shocks. There should be no difference in setup with a stock motor and six cells. Most drivers I know use the Protoform Mazda 6 or Mazdaspeed 6. The Mazdaspeed 6 seems to free up the rear end a bit but makes the car more difficult to drive.

Originally Posted by or8ital
Rick, you have any setup tips for running with a lipo pack? Like where weight should be placed. Any necessary roll center changes, etc? I race 10.5 if that makes a difference.
You should not need to change anything on the setup. I will begin with the same Reedy race setup at the ROAR Nationals but with LiPo. I would place the ballast in front of an behind the battery equally. I use bolt in ballast (which we are now beginning to mass produce) in these positions but you can
servo tape standard lead weights as well.