R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sensored vs. Sensorless
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 06:36 AM
PDM
Tech Adept

The "problem" of using sensorless hapen when you are using motors and esc of different brands.

Manufacturers are just learning about brushless and for now only dedicated (same manufacturer) equipment work well with another.

This is no different of what hapened some year ago with model airplanes motors and esc. Now every motor work well with every esc.

There will come the time when that will hapen with model cars motors and esc.

Beside that the systems work fine sensored or sensorless. Usually i use a Mamba Max esc and Mamba motors (sensorless) and the system is fantastic, you see no diference for any sensored system. I have tried in some races the MM esc and a GM Evo 3 motor and some cog can hapen in the start, some times it doesn't star at the moment, during the race I have no problems. I have tried the new SpeedPassion GT esc with Mamba motors, they work fine, and the GT esc with GM Evo 3 motor, where some dificult at the star can hapen but works fine with the sensors plugged.

I have tried the GM Evo3 motor with the GM Genius esc without the sensors and they work fine too.

So what i concluded, is that if esc and motors are from the same manufacturer they will work fine if sensorless. If you try to use esc and motor sensorless from different manuf. problems can hapen. The way to overcome those problem with diferent manuf. material have been to plug the sensors cables.