R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Blitz Bodies
Thread: Blitz Bodies
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 08:17 PM
daleepp
Tech Addict

Default get a clue

Dear Mr. TM Marketing;

They say the best form of flattery is imitation. Central with the help from Paolo have tried to imitate the Blitz Lola 06 and the Altis 2.3 as best they could. Obviously purchasing the real thing is always better but we do enjoy the flattery!
Just....wow. How can you say something like that? Especially knowing that a majority of your Blitz design bodies are not "the real thing" - but are merely back-poured rip-offs of my original designs?

I've been pretty much over the "flattery" thing for quite a long while - ever since companies like Hot Bodies UK, East Coast, Blitz, Slipsteam/Recword Tuning etc etc etc started back-pouring Protoform brand bodies.

Sure, some have a corner rounded off here or there, a rib added on the side or a wing strut altered, but many of the mentioned companies are now brazenly creating virtual duplicates. Blitz even stoops so low as to use Protoform decals to advertize their clones. I held (Chinese) brand X bodies in my hands at the Nurnburg Toy Fair that even had the Protoform name still molded in. Nice.

I've been pretty silent about it for a long time - but when I see someone bragging about their unlicensed, stolen designs and referring to them as the "real thing" ...... I just want to puke. This practice is unethical and and just plain wrong - and any man with morals and a conscience can recognize that clearly.

We were all given 2 hands and an incredibly complex and capable brain. These were given to each of us to be creative and inventive - not to steal.

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies

ps: in my opinion the only RC (on-road) body company left with 100% integrity still intact is Parma
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Blitz Alfa.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	340614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slipstream Stratus.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	340615