R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 05:32 PM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I believe looking through historic pictures or recent pictures of Trans Am racing that I do recall seeing 3 digit numbers.

As far as racing outside, there is the point of being too slow. Obviously you wouldn't want to only run 2 laps in 5 minutes as that really wouldn't be fun. I can understand on wide open parking lot races that being very slow isn't much fun. One of the reasons why I bought the F201 was to run box stock in a parking lot. While the car wasn't overly fast it was fun to drive. When people started "speeding" up the class many drivers lost interest because they didn't know which motor to bring for race day. The faster the class got the more the "slow" drivers felt they couldn't compete.

I don't think we should overlook that on some very large tracks that a faster option shouldn't be considered. However, before anyone considers changing a formula that seems to be working - at least try it out. Keep the focus on good clean driving and I bet more racers will want to come back. I'd like to share a recent experience at a track. A new to r/c racer in the VTA class commented that if he was any faster he'd just be bouncing faster off more walls. And in the end - less broken parts means more money for food at the track or gas to get to the track.

Oh, nice looking Camaro body.

Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 05-27-2008 at 05:50 PM.