R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 07:42 AM
squarehead
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by slakr
Personally, I would prefer that it be any ROAR approved 21.5 BL Motor.
It probably will not be open to other brands. Not that a reason is needed, but here is why:

Because the 21.5 motors are NOT ROAR-approved motors (like the 13.5 and 17.5), there are no standards for brushless motor performance with this motor. There probably never will be. While it may not be likely that manufacturers go crazy with the design and development of 21.5s or other non-ROAR motors, we're not going to take any chances for now. It's bad enough that there are so many LiPo options to keep track of at this point, so to keep things simple and very fair for everyone, the motor option for the 21.5 choice will probably be a spec one (Novak 21.5ss, non crawler).

I can understand the want for more options, but frankly this class already has more choice for the racer than any other class in racing. If you don't like the 21.5 option, there are still 2 very viable and competitive power options for Trans Am. You can't beat that with a stick.

Originally Posted by slakr
+1
I've spoken with Mike Boylan a few times about dirt oval things, and I will bring this up with him in the future. However, the summertime will be the dead season for on-road racing, for the most part, so it will be in the USVTA's best interest to spark up a big marketing and PR push more towards the time when everyone is ramping up for carpet racing (USVTA's bread & butter). I'm sure it will be something that will be easy to promote this fall after the rapid growth and success seen this past winter.

Good suggestions, though. I'm sure you'll see more USVTA in the coming months.

doug