R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3racing graphite for tao5 any good
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 01:50 AM
tc3team
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by redbones
Thanks for the info Lees52.

Ah, if it is thinner than the old one, I think I want it. I know the spur is hard to get to (my old kawada one isn't any better). Seems as though, 3racing made their own TA05/MS hybrid with the floating center shaft. I also like the fact that the batt is moved more towards the center of the car. I tape my batt so the whole batt brace thing is not an issue.

Guess the last question would be,

How much lighter is the car after the conversion? Thanks
I have the version 1 graphite (silver look) chassis. As said, it makes a very good indoor car as the chassis is very thick (I've not measured it, but i'd say 3mm+ thick) Car is good with foams too, but you will need a 1 or 2mm hex spacer on the wheel mount to clear the front wheels that catch on the upper balljoint.

I got my car to 1580gr with IB4200, futaba 9550 and a brushed motor setup, but with a smaller ESC and reciever you could get it closer to 1500gr, I was also using rather thick battery bars and alloy shocks

Here's a picture of the chassis, it comes pre assembled but you will need to fit the drivetrain etc to it from the ta05.