R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Evolution Raceway
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Nitronut3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would do nitro on-road.
But with me buying a new truck and having to make payments leaves me with little $ to go out and buy a Nitro on-roader.
But i do still plan on getting the Xray out there sometime when i can.
The Losi is still settin pretty in the box at home waiting for a track.
So hence me not running nitro, since i have a Nitro off-roader.
I tried to get guys to run more electric TC in the winter. But most shrugged off. Most people these days dont really know how much work goes into prepping a on-road car to make it run right.
Like drew said one time about the situation "O man, my car feels great with this bent shock shaft on my buggy" It takes much less effort to be fast in off-road, since 70% driver and 30% setup. Its about 50/50 in on-road.
But dont worry, if i ever get a spare hunk of cash, you'll see me out there tearing up the 200mm TC class.

and gregs right, On-road will make you a better off-roader. I wouldent of done so good at scotts track if it wasnt for the TC running i had been doing.
If theres a track in the winter, im there, Billy still has all his on-road gear, Mike will buy a new one and race once in awhile. Larry for sure, Drew for sure, and who ever else shows. I cant wait, i had fun running On-Road, wish i could do it every week.
Plus, maby talking with some people with TCs and such determing a day would help.
Maby, but it was a long weekend for me running Off-road on sat night and racing on-road sunday. It would be better to cordinate with the Off-road/on-road guys, beacuse most people dont race back to back days consistently. Thats my whole dollars worth.