R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to earn a sponsorship?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 06:27 AM
or8ital
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

So lets see my posts consisted of me saying:

- I worked 50-60 hours a week when going to school full time, it can be done.
- I posted a smiley face to point out that working at the hobby shop is a better route
- I suggested to Bill that working at the track would allow you to work and race at the same time vs working someplace else. Thus saving you gas money.
- I corrected your thoughts on Bill's post explaining he was saying work an additional 4 hours and you would have your race fees covered. He was saying that might be a way to get the money in less time then helping at the track
- I pointed out that in my opinion your post came off as wanting something for nothing. Which -is- how your post are coming off to -me-.

You then talk about how people are crying, go on to point out other people's spelling mistakes and complain about how you werent getting the type of responses you want.

If you ever really wanted to be a sponsored driver then you are going to need to be a lot more thick skinned and not so sensative. Sponsored drivers get a lot of criticism. Ive seen sponsored drivers get yelled at over a product they are sponsored by not working for another driver. Nothing that person did at all but they take the blame since it is someone they can yell at. In one particular case someone had some bad battery packs. The sponsored driver just gave the guy 2 new packs that he had paid for just to make the guy happy. Its really not as glamarous as it seems all the time.