R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to earn a sponsorship?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 02:14 AM
Syber Serulean
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Bear
a continuosly positive attitude goes a LONG way. You wouldn't want to pit with someone negative at an ultra competitive event where stress levels are high and run times are limited.

Stay positive in the face of hardship and negativism. Show a sincere willingness to learn and practice as hard as you possibly can. Give tons of respect to those who obviously know more and are proven to be faster than you.

And try to put your own goals to the side when you see new drivers comming to the track. Help them out. I've learned more about racing by assisting other drivers who have absolutely no clue whats going on. Its one thing to be told how to wrench/drive but another entirely to tell someone else how to wrench/drive. give it a shot.

good luck and stay positive.
Im the most positive guy you'll meet at the track willing to talk about anything and help with what i can but if or8 wants to chip away sitting comfy behind his keyboard knowing that he can type what he wants, thats his problem now because I could care less now. Looking back, all i see is negative criticism and me defending myself because I do not take well to "beating around the bush" insults/criticisms/etc. This thread was for tips on how to earn a sponsorship, not critiques on my skills or ungrounded judgements. All the response i was going to put were things like "thanks for tips! thanks for the info" etc. because thats all i asked for.

Everybody, thanks for your input regardless.