R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to earn a sponsorship?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Syber Serulean
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
Not to steal this thread, but to answer your question... On your side of the equation, make sure that it's getting enough voltage from your receiver, check the wire from the transponder to the receiver and be sure that the wire is in great shape, along with the connectors fitting nice and tight on the pins in the receiver. If the loop is above the track, mount it higher in your chassis, like on a servo. If the loop is buried in the track, mount it low on the chassis, and try to make sure that there is nothing that conducts electricity between the transponder and the loop. All of these are ways to increase your chances of not missing laps.

The problem is not always on the driver's side of the equation. If the loop was put up in a hap-hazzard way, it could also be skipping your transponder counts, disregarding them as excess 'noise'. The loop line should not be wound around itself, or left in a rats nest at the splitter box. Another problem that we had with our loop mis-counting was the loop wire was so old that the wire was corroding inside the insulation. We replaced our loop line and all our mis-counts went away. That was a miserable regional for the track. Good luck.
Right on the money thanks

and or8, cry more. Id look locally before looking online and your meaningless judgements aren't getting you anywhere. I didnt make this thread to get flamed and those of you that see "sponsor me" threads and go to scrutinize and critcize the person in a negative manner, i feel sorry for you. Can a mod close this thread? This is starting to get ridiculous.