R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi xxx-4
Thread: Losi xxx-4
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 01:12 AM
Chrissy C
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for your replies.

The weather held out...just! had a down pour but the track managed to drain nicely.

It has been about 5 years since my last off road race and i loved it! The car was handling nicely although with a new set of Schumacher blue mini spikes on grass meant alot of grip mid corner which kept catching me out. I moved the shocks to their outer most holes front and back on both the wishbones and shock tower, this made it a little better, but i still need a few more tuning options such as springs and pistons to get it working really well.

Speed was good but i feel the diffs and slipper were not set up right, can any body give me a few ideas on how to set these up?

I was in 3rd spot going into round 5 and mid way through whilst flashing for FTQ hit the double jump slightly off centre at full speed, the car flipped mid air and landed on the rear shock mount, it cracked it right through the middle...! some of you seem to be using the carbon fibre ones, are these stronger/better than the Losi graphite ones?

Overall well impressed with the car.

How did everyone else do at the weekend?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Chris