R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2003, 11:58 PM
GTMilenko
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Mr_Orange
I´m also using cs-27 tires and we had a major problem with understeering at first. After some testing we have found out a working rim/insert combo consisting of a soft rim and Hpi red insert. The yokomo rims are rock hard and and work best on highgrip tracks like the ones in japan or at big races where the grip comes up. If used on low-medium grip track they will cause understeering. Also drill 4 big 5mm holes in the rim to prevent overheating of the tire. For tiresauce we are using LRP Asphalt grip. Cs27 also perform better when they are a little worn.
Use hole no 4 on the rear shocktower for the upperarm to get more turn-in.
For the stiff rearend thing read Andreas Myrbergs racereport from a JMRCA race in japan. It explains how he got rid of understeering and he was the one that told me about it 2 years ago. https://www.mytsn.com/publ/publmem.asp?pid=8367
thanks! thats some intresting info! i never new that the softness/stiffness of the rim effected handling! i'll try some softer ones.
as for over heating the tires this only happened to the cs22's, do you still recommend i drill 4 holes in the rims anyway? we aren't allowed to use tiresauce.
and i am using the new camberlinks(like on the SEVO) and i have the link in the middle hole as low as it goes, i've just put the front one down as low as in goes aswell(yet to try it out).
one more thing do you think taking the centrebraces out would help? on a meduim/low surface?
thanks heaps by the way!