R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sponsored racers.. Your thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 06:51 AM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's my take on this issue......

I've met a lot of sponsored drivers in my time in this hobby/sport. I have met VERY few at any level who are bad people. I've seen drivers at every level have a horrible day, and sometimes that's reflected in their behavior. Of course I've also seen quite a few "hobbyists" explode, because they were taken out on what they thought was the run of their life at a club race.

I'm sponsored, and I know that on occasion, I've lost my temper and said things that I regretted as soon as things cooled down. I generally try to apologize for my actions, to both the individual involved and the race director. We're all human and we'll all occasionally make mistakes. It's how we deal with these situations that dictate the type of person we are.

I will tell you that most factory pros are AWESOME representatives and killer people. Their talent, and the fact that they tend to run in packs makes them seem unapproachable, but this is hardly the case. Guys like Paul Lemieux, Mike Dumas, Bobby Flack, Josh Cyrul, Blackstock,Tosolini, and Chris Doseck will all give you any information you ask for, just be mindful of when and how you ask. If you see one of these guys get blasted off the track, and they're carrying a car with suspension hanging outside the body back to their pit, this is probably not the time to ask about roll-center adjustments