R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - mamba max ?
Thread: mamba max ?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 05:46 PM
scott54
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049
I'm not going to get involved in this pissing match, but I have to interrupt here for a moment.

This is what always bothers me about the die hard Mamba guys. You fail to realize that most people don't want to have to make a ton of changes to a speed control to make it work.
With the Mamba, you have to update firmware, which seems crazy to me, .

I really think it's the other way around. I personally like that fact that I can get updates on my speed controller. You don't think your Sphere has a program on it? ie firmware? You just can't update it if LRP finds a way to make it better, you have to buy a new one. You don't like making changes? Do you have a RTR that you never make setup changes on? Aren't you constantly changing tires, shock pistons, eliminating and adding washers to dial in the perfect setup? Personally, I like having these options... If you want something simple that you don't have to do anything with, you're probably in the wrong hobby... IMO. And as for stereotyping? Read every Mamba thread and you'll see nothing but Mamba bashing with no real arguments (seriously.. Your argument is about too many features).