R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - calling all FUTABA 3PK users.....
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 04:47 PM
d16dcoe45
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its easy to adjust the throttle tension on the 3pk. There are like 5 or 6 screws on the back you have to remove, then remove the rubber grip--under the grip there is another screw. Crack the 3pk open and there will be another screw which (I think) lets you remove part of the screen surrounding plastic. Once its open you just remove the 3 screws that hold the trigger assembly and you will see a 2mm socket screw which is attaced to the throttle tension spring. They are usually set pretty stiff from the factory, I backed out the screw until the spring is at its lowest tension setting. Much better now--feels like an M11.

One clue that this adjustment exists is that in the manual it says something like "you can adjust the steering wheel tension from the outside of the unit"
Why would they say that? It would seem to me if they state something like that then there is ANOTHER adjustment which requires adjustment from the INSIDE of the unit. And there is!! Its not some hacker mod either--its an actual adjustment screw Futaba installed so throttle tension could be adjusted.

Also, there is no need to dremel either the Spektrum module or the actual 3pk to fit the Spektrum module in with the stock cover on. The best thing to do is take a heat gun or hair dryer and heat up the little plastic tabs. This way when you jimmy it in the tabs will flex instead of cracking--that plastic is really stiff and cheap feeling.