R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Pro-D
Thread: HPI Pro-D
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 09:47 AM
joe of loath
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
I think Efficiency with the chassis might be an issue, since there are so many transfer spots. However, seeing as this is designed for drift, the slight inefficiencies would be trivial compared to the benefits of the weight distribution, as some have already mentioned.

Those shafts look relatively light, and I don't think they'll really affect the car much in terms of performance irregularities such as torque steer.

Plus I am not familiar really with torque steer in scale cars... I mean this term is from the real scale when a car has unequal shaft lengths running laterally (left and right) that feed power to the wheels. The force will be more direct to one side, and therefore will create that pull.

I feel like the term is used loosely due to the centrifugal force of something else, not unbalance. Modern shaft drive touring cars are perfectly symmetrical (I recall some cars with the shafts running down one side).

Is this phenomena in the touring car world created by the spinning motor? If so, the position of the motor might minimize the effect.
i had torque steer on my E10 because the chassis flexes so much! it worked fine with a 21t silver can, i put in a 19t motor and it twisted and torque steered.