R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New technology and club racing- has it thinned out classes?
Old 05-16-2008, 05:46 AM
timmay70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
The best thing our club ever did was switch to 13.5 brushless and rubber tires last winter. Its the best racing I'ver participated in. I really thought it was going to get big, but as good as it was, we struggled to get big turnouts.

I noticed that almost of our regular racers are over 30. And when I talk to people about racing (F1 or NASCAR or Moto GP) most of them are well over 30 too. I am realizing that people under 30 aren't into motorsports.

Maybe they are overly worried about the environment or afraid to compete or having trouble understanding timed events or whatever. I don't know what their problem is with racing, but, the first track that figures out how to get young people in the door and keep them coming back will have it made.
This subject comes up about every 3 months.

Video Games

People this day and age are into instant gratification. Video games has it, racing has never been about it. When someone can get RC to be like video games, that will be the winning combination.