R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - engine troubles!!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 06:29 PM
new to rc cars
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jediwannabe
Hey guys,

I'll offer a little help here...

When your buggy "ran off" full throttle, when turning the transmitter off first, this should not happen. It sounds like the "Failsafe position" is not correct causing your throttle to go wide open insted of going to full brake. Once the failsafe position is set properly (should be in the radio maunual)the servo's will go to failsafe position when the transmitter is turned off or the reciever battery gets real low.

My brother and I both ordered Associated RC8RTR kits and the servo's started going bad(they loose torque and wont turn the wheels or pull the brakes) then the radio gear started glitching. We bought the Spectrm DX2 and the buggies ate up the 590 and 270 that came with them.
I learned this the hard way in RC helicopter's, get good servos. We switched over to the JR9100T servos and have had no issues. Plus JR has a 3year warrenty. The high end Futaba or HighTech servos should be equally as good.
yeah the 270 is complete trash, garbage from day 1. The 590 is good for about a week, then it is also trash.