R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TT-01 Forum
Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Mooshu Beef
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You gotta try out both, man. We dunno how you drive--only you can figure out your setup.

For some people they do soft in front and stiff in the rear, but others do the opposite like you described.

Drift D or anyone else:

I am drifting my new Rally RS4. However I am finding it easy to spin out when I let off the throttle. On the other hand, I have learned to drift while keeping the throttle on.

The RS4 has really tall shocks which are necessary for my area, so I am drifting on a tall ride height. Right now I also have taller spacers in the rear shocks, while there are shorter spacers in the front. These are the long, soft shocks made for rally.

Basically my question is, does anyone drift like this? I find that if I keep the setup (I will modify a bit) that will spin out if there is no throttle, I can handle it in such a way where I can get the snappy backlash to launch the car into the next turn, while manipulating the throttle to get smoother control for longer drifts.

My next step is to try to take my car around a makeshift track. I really want a flat surface though, because my driveway is slanted...

I guess I can keep updating changes and their effects. I know this is a RS4, but it pertains to drifting...hehe

Last edited by Mooshu Beef; 05-15-2008 at 01:47 PM.