R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - KYOSHO 777 SP2 W/UPBGRADES $325 SHIPPED
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 09:05 AM
style-n-speed
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timd1969
For all the kyosho experts in this thread.The car is a 777 sp2.I purchased the car new and it had a broken sevo saver in the box.The local hobby shop where I bought it didnt have another one in stock and told me he had a k3 one if I wanted it instead.It was the day before a race so I took it instead of waiting a week and missing a points series race.It was purchased the winter of 06 and raced the whole winter.In the spring of 07 I rebuilt the whole car for summer outdoor series while I was rebuilding I came across a kanai 3 I bought for spare parts,diffs,shocks,screws,ect.and not to mention it had every available fioroni part on it.I then used the shock towers on the sp2 because they were in better shape than the original ones.If I knew it was going to be this big of a headache I would have left the original beat up ones on it.Ive owned 777,777 sp1,777 sp2 and k3.If I was racing and needed parts to continue I used what ever I had to keep racing.I am by no means an expert but this car isnt upgraded to an sp2,it was bought as one and the hopups on the car were ment to improve the car not to give you guys something to complain about and cause someone to not buy it.It was a nice car when I sold it and looks like it has a new chassis so its probably a nicer car now.The other chassis with the car is the original.Thanks everyone for your interest.Tim
Originally Posted by chrissp1racer
I just talked to my buddy and he told me what was going on and I had to see for myself.You guys are crazy.I went with him to buy it and watched that car being built.The shock towers were changed when his son hit the drivers stand and bent the front tower.I personally told him the towers on the parts buggy he bought would work and they did.The car is a tank and was one of the fastest at the track every week.If someone wants a beast of a car then this KYOSHO 777 SP2 IS IT.Always prepped and setup for racing only.If I didnt switch brands I would buy it in a minute as I saw the cars care and how it runs on the track.I bet the bigbores made a big difference.Good luck with your buggy.Chris

Thanks Tim and Chris,
I think I'll just keep it! To much hassle from all the Kyosho Pros on here. The Buggy is a ROCK and I think I'll just use it for Nitro. I am converting my other stuff to electric. Just because and SP2 has a 7.5 tower doesnt make it a 7.5. Oh well. Thanks again for posting that for me. -Brad