R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Cavalieri in RCCA interview.
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 PM
OG RC 10T
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
RCCA: Guys at the top of any Sport are really competitive, Do you ever feel your desire to win is misinterpeted ?

R.Cavalieri: " I want to win, But if i have a bad run i am going to get mad because this is what i do for a living. Alot of people don't realize that having someone get in your way or screw you up in a qualifier could cost a pro driver a 1,000 dollars".

RCCA: What do you think is the biggest misconception of rc racers ?

R.Cavalieri: "People probably don't realize this is our career, and that it's serious. There is money on the line."

Granted he may be a nice guy but that's not the issue. This is no way for someone who represents many companies to speak about other drivers he competes with and the business he chose.

There is tact and a way to say differnt things, and this may have been something that has been grinding on his nerves for a very long time.

Back in the day I waited tables for a living. Some would tip well, others wouldnt. There have been many times where I would have liked to give the dollar back to the cheap a$$ because they obvisouly needed it more that I did, but I couldnt afford to loose my job.

Eventually many resurants started suggesting tip ammount and even add gratuity to checks. I was not able to tell a customer they didnt leave enough, no matter how lousy it was. If there was a way for me to tell the customers I would have. He found his way and took it.

This article may have been his way of telling the laped drivers or the really slow drivers who are not paid to win, to get out of his way and the way of other racers. They are not going to win any way so why screw up his chances of him winning and making a living.

Though some may not agree, where else can he send a message to the majority of other drivers out there, who are actually taking the money out of the pros pockets. Laped drivers in any racing sport, need to let the leaders pass. Its common curtosy and respect.

Sometimes the pros need to remind the aspiring pros and rookies at all levels, how it is.