View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 08:55 PM
STEALTH
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

racenut123 - Sounds like your talking about Ling-Kang Tong from Fremont, CA... He works in the medical field and tests all kinds of Lithium based battery products and happens to also run ROAR's Li-Poly Battery Test Laboratory. Basically every company that submits LiPo packs for ROAR approval must go through him and his lab...

mrplease - Yes, Rick Hohwart confirmed a hard-cased LiPo pack is in the works and will apparently be released "soon". I think demand and a piece of the market share is what prompted a release of the shrink-wrapped packs.

I haven't heard back from Rick with regard to my follow-up question though... which was if REEDY had sent in their prototype for ROAR approval? The deadline for the 1st round of approvals was on April 1st.... approval then would have been given by May 1st. The next round of approvals calls for packs to be in by October 1st with an updated approval list out by November 1st. I know most Tracks really don't follow ROAR rules but for those who want to purchase the packs to race at ROAR events - like the Nationals at HotRod Hobbies in the L.A. area... will the REEDY packs be considered "Legal"?!