R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Carcar
Thread: Carcar
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 09:35 PM
rc pete
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Did you want to keep Stock and Pro-Stock separate? As long as we do a pre-sort in that class too, we should be able to run it the same way that you're suggesting with Mod.

I think that you'll drop just as much coin on the spec F1 class as you would on any Touring Class. A few of the guys got them overseas, because the kits themselves were pricy. The $20 that you save per each motor and battery is not much, unless you're not going to buy a crate-full. The maintenance cost and accidents will be greater, as it's an open-wheel class. As far it being a spec class with closer competition goes, I can't see it getting much closer than Touring Pro-Stock. But that's just my opinion.
Maybe it will be different enough to attract some new racers.

Yeah, there's supposed to be a championship. Last season the set of results ended up in some kind of a void. At the end of it nobody could find enough of it to make it worthwhile. I'll have to drum up what I can.
This year, I'll be posting the results on the web after every race day... or that's the plan, anyway. We'll be doing an F1 style series points system, but the actual points assigned will be different to cover more than 8 slots.