R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Stock Nationals(offroad)
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 08:09 PM
rcplus
Tech Master

Default Stock Nationals(offroad)

Stock Nats update(tue)

The track and pit area at C.R.A. is great!! Mark and the crew did a great job.
The track open at 10 with about 1/2 of the people showing up to practice today.The crew watered apx every 45 min or so, the track held up well.There are 6 sets of doubles one to a table top and two in a double double section in front of the drivers stand, straight is on back side of track(will put up photos on wed night, forgot the camera today).
Dave Gullickson and Chad Kramer from axiom motors were busy working on motors most of the day! Jeff Phelps from team losi was there in the afternoon to help the losi guys with setups.Corner marshals were in short supply most of the day, but there was a hand full of people that did most of the work, thanks guys(I will try to get names next time).Parts are adv in the on site hobby shop Aerosports % hobbies and from a-mains new parts trailer for the Canby track,also Rcplus brought allot of parts in boxes if needed!The track closed at 6 pm tonight and opens at 10 Wednesday morning.

Well so long for know I well post again on wed night with some pictures also I hope!!!

Stock Nats update(Wed)

The track opened at 10 am and the drivers stand was full all day, run in 7 min heats with water every other heat. The traction was allot more consistent today and most people got there cars dialed in much better and started working on motors. Truck gearing is apx 18 /88 for losi and buggy is apx 23/82 most of the jumps are doable, but you better be set up for it or you aren't going to make it.Corner marshals were still in short supply all day( I never say a sponsored or local fast guy out there in the last two days) with the exception of Scott brown would help out when he was timing for one of the asc drivers.Tires were still an issue truck silvers were at a premium and was a limiting factor on new sign ups( not cra fault they tried to get more).I would like to say again that the crew at C.R.A.. is doing a great job!!!!!!Well we start practice heats on Thursday so maybe I will bring home some results to post on who's fast and who's not check the link below for photos

http://www.rcplus.com/?action=getpage&page=natsracepics