R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Pit Crew
Tech Regular

Just to ask this...my tc3 is not that good in handling going corner from right to left...its always overspin when i pull the trigger...BUT NOT when im going left-to-right corner. here i can just pull the trigger and it stuck and drive wonderfully strong too....is my chasis tweak or setup or anything??? or is it due to tc3 motor mount on the right??? help, newbie.
Your car isn't balanced properly. What you need to do is take the screws that are used for the battery hold down strap (the ones with the little hole going through the head) and remove them from the holddown strap position, and put them in the middle screw hole on your shock tower/dif case. Those holes are perfectly centered on the chassis. Then, take a peice of dental floss and thread it though both holes and secure them by tying a loop.

Put a regular screw back in where the batt. hold strap is, and put in a battery and the strap. Be sure to have everything in the car like when you are going to run it.

Now, you can pick up the car with the dental floss, and watch underneath the chassis as it leans on way or another. Obviously, the side that is lower is heavier, therefore, add weights to the other side.

Also, by lifting up only the rear or the front, you might find that you need to add weight to a corner.

Basically: If you car spins out to the left, and handles good to the right, you need more weight on the LEFT side. Conversely, if it spins out to the right, add weight on the right.

What is happenin is you are getting TOO much roll, ie... too much weight is transfering to the outside, making the inside tires break traction. Then everything goes away.