R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XX-4 Class 8 truck bodies
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 03:44 AM
Strong Bad
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know exactly what you are talking about . Thanks for the ideas!! At this point I am waiting on PMs from JKRacing and aberry. If all goes well and I end up with two front bumpers I am going to mock them up on my car and work with an existing class 8 body that came with my unpainted one, I can then experiment with the front holes and how to mount things. I have an idea for the rear using XFactory X-6 wing mounts but the 2* of angle they have built in will have to be shimmed out. I have some old HPI mini mounts to try out as well but the idea is to come up with easily purchased, reliable and reasonably priced way of mounting the body so if on the off chance the body becomes available again, or more start coming out of the woodwork we don't have to rely on scouring stores for the stock Losi mount and bumper kit. With any luck if the body does become available then the mount kit will be done as well. The only thing I really need is a bumper at this point and I can get to measuring and tinkering.